Purpose of Education
The program is designed for acquiring the broad knowledge and basic skills of oral and maxillofacial surgery, mainly concerning the diagnostic procedure, treatment technique and the perioperative patient care. Also throughout the professional education, we promote the system in which each graduate student can select his or her special field in the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the future.
- Development of multidisciplinary treatment of oral cancer.
- Clinical study on sentinel node navigation surgery for oral cancer.
- Study on molecular markers for lymph node metastasis of oral cancer.
- Clinical study on early detection of oral cancer by mouth washing.
- Clinical study on skeletal and dental changes after distraction osteogenesis in patients with cleft lip and palate.
- Clinical study on maxillomandibular skeletal and dental changes after orthognatic surgery.
- Study on neurosensory disturbances using the heat flux technique.
- Clinical study on pre-surgical nasoalveolar molding in patients with cleft lip and palate.
- Clinical study on alveolar bone grafting with segmental osteotomy.
- Multidisciplinary treatment of temporomandibular disorders.
- Clinical and experimental studies on bone regeneration using β-TCP and/or platelet rich plasma.
- Development of multidisciplinary treatment of oral mucosal diseases.
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic examines yearly more than 5000 new patients with various diseases arising in oral and maxillofacial regions. The clinic has diplomat of the Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and accepts many referrals from dentists and medical doctors. We provide a full range of services including extractions, removal of wisdom teeth and management of facial trauma, jawbone defect, facial deformity, temporomandibular joint disease, cleft lip and palate, oral mucosal disease, and benign and malignant tumors. The special outpatient clinics are organized by the specialists to offer the best service, especially for patients with malignant tumor, temporomandibular joint disease, cleft lip and palate, facial deformity and oral mucosal disease which need high degree of specialty and long term follow up. We also prepare some groups for inpatients with an emphasis on specialties, to provide the recent and advanced treatment.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Oral Restitution, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
1-5-45 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8549, JAPAN
TEL：＋81-3-5803-5506 / FAX：＋81-3-5803-0199